DESI Trac Account Approval
Registration is limited to members of the DESI collaboration.
If you aren't already logged into this wiki, there will be a little red "Register" link on the upper right of this page.
Click that and follow the instructions below. Please make sure you follow all the instructions below to prevent delays or even rejection of your account.
- Fill out all the fields, even if they are marked 'Optional'.
- Use a username that does not contain spaces. For example, 'JohnSmith' is OK and so is 'John.Smith', but 'John Smith' is not.1
- Your username should also not be an email address.1
- For your email address, use an institutional address, e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Your institutional affiliation is how we know whether you are allowed access.
- Please give us your full name. It is OK to use accented characters in your full name, if that's how you spell it, e.g., Jôhn Smíth. Just use UTF-8 characters though.
After you register, you will be contacted by a member of the DESI team with further instructions. These instructions will include a membership survey form that you will have to fill out before your account is approved.
If you have questions or concerns about your account approval, please contact the chair of the membership committee, Bob Blum (rblum --at-- noao --dot-- edu).
- Some non-alphanumeric characters (and especially spaces and '@' symbols) will cause problems with other systems linked to your Trac account, such as svn.